Friday, May 13, 2011

Welcome to the Hood.....Sisterhood, that is!


I have to admit, I am intimidated by the blog world! I've always kept a journal but the thought of having journal entries on the world wide web is, well... Intimidating. Lucky for me, one of my most comfortable topics is my sister, Mandy. Mandy and I are 5 years apart ( you can guess which one is older. Ok, I'll give you one hint.... It's not me. Oh shoot! Did I give it away? Sorry, Mandy :) ) Anyway, when we were kids we shared a tiny little room in each of the parsonages that we lived in. (Yes, we are PKs. Please spare us of all of the "PK's are the worst of all" stories) We even shared a little full sized bed for the first several years of our life. We have laughed, fought, cried, yelled, shared, united, sat in silence, and loved so deeply. She is my best friend. She is wise, lovely, fun, creative, so fashion savvy, and beautiful. She is the girl all the younger sisters dream of having for a big sister. 

She is MY big sister.

Even when we don't agree, her opinion is so important to me. 
I hope you can come to this blog and if you have a sister with whom you get along with I hope you will feel even closer to her, and if you have a sister that you don't get along with, my prayer is that you will find value in her...here. If you once had a sister and for some reason she isn't around anymore I pray this blog will bring up sweet memories of her. If you have never had a sister, and have always wanted one, my prayer for you is that you read this blog and feel the spirit of sisterhood.  

As we discuss hot topics of love, faith, fashion, food, and family. I know the road from K.C. to Tulsa will seem a little shorter. May it also bring you and your sister closer, where ever she may be.




Misty

2 comments:

  1. sniff sniff...I fall in the never had a sister so you better birng it girl! :-) jk, you two are perfect for this and I can not wait to read all about it! Maybe after hours you can kick it up a notch ;-) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Stephanie..I love you. You're my sister from another mister. ;-)

    ReplyDelete